Monday, August 18, 2008

Strange World!

My only dream was to become house wife, and live in a happy joint family. Why I left that life then? Because I realized it too late that I can live whole life in house, I can give every thing to my husband and his family only if I respects and love my husband. But why people think that once they tie mangalsutra, they can treat a woman any way? "You should keep quite even if I split on you" is the definition of marriage for some people, which I came to know after my marriage. If this is the definition of marriage for a man who holds Ph.D then what might be the definition of uneducated. Does education makes a difference?

Does it mean that in India, those who are married, love and respect each other. Answer is "NO", 95% of the time. You can ask me when so many people can lead a life like that why can't I?. This is the question people used to ask me. My answer is "Why should I?" I have never learnt to live in a relationship where love, respect is not there.

You can't find a relationship without any fights (It only happens in Yash raj movies). But as long as you love and respect each other it doesn't play much role. I have seen, so many families where in husband and wife curse each other each and every minute but stay together. When you have so much problems, why you stay together? Because in India, relationships are not from heart, you enter a relationship just by tying three knots. Moreover here women don't have economical independence. Even if they have, they don't get support from their parents. Still today most of the people think that, if their daughter comes out of marriage, their status will go down, they can't face society.

I will ask you one question. Do you prefer to stay in a relationship, just for the sake of money and social status?. I can't do that. Even if I wasn't educated this much, I would have taken the same step. Education is important for life, money is important for life, but above all self respect is there. There are thousands ways to lead a decent life. But you should know what is decent life.

If you think that, just because a person has tied mangalsutra, a girl should keep quite even her husband splits on her, then that is your definition of decency (In India we use word "Sanskar"). I can't help it. Lead the life like that. But please don't expect that others should also live like that. My definition of decency is different and I would like to live my life according to that.

No comments: