Monday, August 25, 2008

Perfect Life

What is perfect life? I have seen most of the people looking towards me with a sympathy in their eyes. "Poor Ashwini!" Why that sympathy? Because according to them, my life is disgusting. My marriage failed.

If I ask them, whether they are completely satisfied with their marriage, then what will be the answer? OK let us assume that they are enjoying their married life, does it mean that my life is miserable without marriage? No. I am happy. I don't feel that my life is meaningless. I have so many friends, my parents for whom my existence matters. For whom I care. Why should the absence of one psychic person makes life imperfect?.

I don't want a perfect life. There is nothing called perfect life. There are so many children without parents. If you say that their life is not perfect then what about children who have been made to work during their childhood days by their parents. Don't forget that child labor is one of the main problem today we are facing. Mere existence of relationship doesn't make perfect life. You need perfect person for that relationship.

Forget about poor people forcing their children for child labor. Have you seen any music show like 'SA RE GA MA' or any other shows for children. Don't you feel anything when children cry when they loose the show. That age is a age to learn to play. But we are teaching them definition of "failure" so early. parents to satisfy their ego make children to compete in these shows. In EE TV kannada, there was a music show hosted by S P Balasubramanyam. I read it in news paper, when he started that show for children so many parents used to send their children to music class, and they used to request that their son/daughter should be able to participate in that show by one month. whether your child is interested in it? who cares. "My child should bring all my dreams to reality". Isn't it child labor? Why the hell do you forget that your child is having his/her own dream and liking.

No comments: