Saturday, June 21, 2008

Students!

As soon as I joined JNNCE, I have been asked to take classes for final year students, and I handled lab for pre-final students. Batch to which I handled lab, was, was..........., what to say I don't have words to explain them. Next year, when they were in final year, they asked me and Seetha to go with them for trip. And that trip to Ooty, changed our relationship with students. , We became very friendly with students. Akshata, Pavithra, Yashwanth, Rohan, Niroop, Karthink, Sharath................ None of them were having that good reputation in college, as they were not that serious about studies.

They were like cool going, participate in all sports, then if you find any time then attend classes, kind of students. But very nice, straiforward students. Slowly me and Seetha started getting taunts from senior lectureres that we are not strict to students. But although we were friendly with students, We never allowed them to take disadvantage of it in classroom. Espesially me. Even today Rohan asks me, howcome you are so strict in class and so useless outside classroom. Today they are earning very well, they are working for reputed software companies but still they are in touch. Than they used to call us as Madam, now they call us Akka(Sister). Because according to them, me and Seetha are too young looking, and people will laugh at them if they say that we are their lectureres.

I was never serious about higher studies. I was working hard, but I never felt that it is my profession, I have to do M.Tech for promotion, blablablabla. I was never serious about career. Even today I am not.

No comments: