Sunday, June 8, 2008

School

I used to hate school. Even my brother also. We have troubled our mother so much that even today she scolds us for that. First of all we used to come after one week of commencement of school from Kadidal. Again 2 days we used to bunk school saying that we are very sad, we are missing Ajji. After that also everyday we used to create a scene for one or the other thing.

But I was a hard worker. I was an average student. Upto 8th standard I was good in sports. I never used to study general books. Only school books I used to read. My father is very good reader. There are so many books in my house.

My father never used to ask me whether I need dresses, jewelry etc. He never feels that they are important. I have not seen my mother asking for jewelry or wearing costly jewelry. She used to wear one small earring with red-stone for 25 years. She changed that during my marriage with another one which even today she is wearing. She may change it during my brother's marriage(if we force her to change). I have never seen her wearing necklace at least once in these 27 years. Thats why I never felt that jewelry and dresses are very important for life.

When I was in 9th standard during vacation I was in shimoga. One evening I found "Malegalalli Madumagalu" novel by Kuvempu and I started reading that book. And for the first time I felt the importance of books. I felt the enjoyment one can get in reading. I always used to think how my father can read so many books? I found the answer that day.

No comments: