Tuesday, June 10, 2008

College

My result of 10th was not that good. Anyways I took Science in college. I think because of my results somewhere I developed inferiority complex. I was not having much friends. And I never felt that I need a friend. My mother was my best friend. Yearly once or twice I used to go to movie with my mother. In my house restrictions were not at all there. I used to tell each and every things to my parents. Everyday I used to update them with the latest things that used to happen in class.

Although we live in Shimoga, which is a small town, my fathers native is a village called Jangal nearby(1 hour journey). My uncles live there. And my father has got too many friends. So everyday one or the other guests will be there in my house. Upto 7th standard we lived in a rental house, then we moved to our own, which papa purchased. House was very small. Only 2 rooms were there, that too small rooms. First we decided that one room is for appa, amma and another is for me and Vasuki.

But because of guests hardly we used to get chance to sleep in that room. In one room all 4 of us used to sleep, which was so small. But we never felt that as a big problem. Sometimes we used to enjoy. Amma alone used to manage everything. I used to help her whenever possible. I was having a cycle, papa bought me when I was in 5th std. I used that cycle upto end of my BE. That's the reason I hate cycle. Whenever guests used to come, amma used to send me to get sweets, or some other things, I used to go by cycle from back door(Hahahahha).

One category of guests were just visitors. Second category was patients. For them we used to take food to hospital(BSA-SLR cycle jindabad). I still remember once my aunt(My papa's sister) came to my house. She was suffering from typhoid. She stayed in my house for a month. My parents took such good care of her. While going she said that, "when I came to Shimoga, I was little bit OK, but I think the bed in your house is having some problem(She meant direction of bed, vaastu shastra). My typhoid increased after I came here". Ooph!. This was the kind of reward we used to get some times. What we can do! room was so small, there was no chance of changing the direction of bed.

Yearly once or twice ajji used to come. Even during college also I used to cry saying I don't want to go to college when Ajji used to come. She was everything to me. When I was in 10th, Ajji was having heart problem, finally doctors said that open heart surgery is the only option. After her operation her health was OK.

No comments: