Saturday, June 14, 2008

Movies

I love to watch comedy and romantic movies. My first favorite movie was "Maine Pyaar Kiya". People say that Rajshri movies are very unreal. Whatever it is! I love all Rajshri movies. I liked Hum Aapke Hain kaun, Hum Saath Saath hain and even Vivah. I also like their old movies like Dulhan wohi jo piya man baayi, Nadiya ke paar etc. Other than that, I like to watch Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies. I love his movies, Chupke Chupke, Khoobsurat, Choti si baat ..........

Appa doesn't like movies. Very rarely he watch movies. That too Kannada,old movies he watch. Even I also like some of Rajkumar movies. I still remember, once me and Vasuki forcefully took Appa to "Jurassic Park" movie. And we got scoldings like anything from him. Then we never used to ask him for movie. After many years, we asked him to come to a Kannada movie called Lali. It was a very nice movie. He came with us, but he slept in whole movie. Vasuki was repenting for many days, that money for one ticket was wasted. Amma is a very big fan of Bollywood. I can't imagine her life without hindi film songs. Because her routine starts at 5.00am and ends at, aaaaaaaa at ! sorry there is no rule. Depends on the number of guests. Whole day she will be cleaning or cooking along with it she will be singing any hindi film song.

Sometimes amma used to come with us for movies(Yearly one or two, as she doesn't like to watch movies in theater). When I was in 9th standard, amma told me to go to movies with friends. My parents always used to tell that, have good friends, and enjoy life with them. They never used to restrict us for films or class trips. That's the reason I think I was never afraid of them. I used to discuss everything with them. They treated us like friends.

As soon as I finished degree, they started searching for a groom. And first question they asked was, "do you love someone. If you do, then tell us, we will get you married to him". I was brought up in such a free environment, but I never felt like misusing it. I have seen so many parents, who put all the restrictions in the world to their children. Those children cheat their parents. We cannot even blame children! fault is with parents, who will never understand what their children want.

No comments: