Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sahyadri College

I learn a lot of things about life in Sahyadri college. After joining there, for first one month, I was asked to handle labs. And job was pretty cool. I enjoyed it. In august they asked me to teach Database for final year B.Sc student. I was completely tensed. Just previous day of my first class, was Ganesh chaturty. I was so tensed that, I didn't enjoy the festival. Then that day came...................

My class was at 3.30 pm. Whole day I was tensed. All my colleagues were trying to convince me that it is not that tough job. At 2.30pm one of my colleague, Savitha, said "It seems you are wearing your salwar kameez, backside front. " And I was totally upset.....

At 3.30 I entered class, I was standing there like a robot. In only one position. I feared, thet If I turn to write on board, Students may see that I am wearing Salwar kammez, backside front( Anyways, Front side I covered by dupatta. Really Dupatta is one of the best inventions ever made). I observed some students laughing. But I was too scared to ask them why they are laughing. I took class for 20 minutes, I came out of class and ran to house. Appa and Amma were waiting for me. I told them everything, and I said " I can't do this. I am going to resign".

Amma was little bit angry. She said " You have to do something. Not for the sake of money. But to learn how to lead life. Don't expect that I and your father will be with you, everytime in your life". I thought about it and I felt that whatever she is telling is true. I have to accept challenges. Then Appa told me his experience. His subject is political science. First two days he was so tensed that he finally ended up in telling stories of Mahabharata. His students were confused "why this person is teaching literature during political science class". He said "You are in very good position. You have handled class for 20 minutes, that too first day, It is very good when compared to my class". He asked me to wear sarree next day.

Next day my class was at 10.30am. I was wearing saree(I was bit conscious). But I don't know how, I didn't feel scared. And my class went on very well. And once I started wearing saree, The way students looked at me also changed. It gave me confidence. Really dress code matters a lot....

No comments: