Monday, June 16, 2008

Engineering!

When I was in 7th standard, one day there was some pooja in my home. That day appa asked the person who was performing pooja(I forgot his name, but he is very famous in Shimoga) to look at mine and Vasuki's Janmakundali. He said that in my hand Education line is not there. I will be very poor in education, to the maximum, I may go upto 2nd year PUC(12th). I didn't feel anything. I was too small to take that seriously.

But when I was in 12th, I was very scared. I was thinking that no matter how much I work, I will not be able to pass this exam, because it is already written in my hand. I used to cry. But guess what? I finished 12th with good marks. I even got seat for engineering in computer science.

After my 12th I wanted to go for literature. But one day appa said, as your marks are good, from the point of view of future, engineering is best, so join it. And that's how I joined engineering. My performance of engineering is good. In fact I got First class with distinction, but still I was not having any idea about my career. In final year, I joined CG Smith software ltd, B'lore for my project. And for the first time I felt that this is not the way of life which I want. People always talking about hike, shopping, comparison of salary, brand of jeans they are wearing. And no time for family, friends........ I was completely confused. When I finished engineering, I told appa that I don't like companies. Luckily at the same time in Sahyadri Science College, Shimoga, vacancies were their for the post of guest lecture. At the end of may, 2002 I finished my final year exam, on June 6th I joined Sahyadri college.

No comments: