Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Childhood

When I think of my child hood days, I think that I am the luckiest person of this world. I am having the most wonderful parents and I had very sweet ajji(Grandma). They made my life a wonderful journey.

My father was lecturer in Shimoga, mother housewife. Myself and my younger brother vasuki, we spent most of our childhood in Kadidal which is my grandma's place(Mothers place). It is a very small village(Only 2 houses), surrounded by thick forest. When I was child, my grandpa's house was joint family then they separated, and my grandpa built his own house nearby. Still I remember all my cousins used to come to Kadidal during holiday's. Slowly as we grew up number decreased, rarely we see each other.

I used to go to Kadidal for every vacation upto 10th. Ajji was everything to me. I still remember that in Kadidal On one side Ajji and another side Amma(Mother) used to sleep with me. They were so much part of my life that I never thought that one day may come, when I may have to live without them.

I love rain, and in Kadidal, during rainy season 24 hours in rain. And I used to love it. No current, no phone, no communication with rest of the world!. It used to be like an island. but I loved it, because my Ajji was there for me.

My Father was always busy. He rarely used to play with us. When I was child, my Doddappa(Uncle) was my Idol. I always used to think why my father is not like my Doddappa(Who used to play with us, Used to take us for trips in his car)?. It took 25 years for me to realize that simply playing, taking to trips is not enough. It is the determination to stand with the daughter when whole world is against her is required to become a perfect father. And I am so happy that I am having such a Father.

No comments: