Friday, June 13, 2008

My Dream

I belong to a middle class family, and as in all middle class families we were also having so many troubles. But I haven't seen my parents complaining about not having enough money. We never had big dreams. My father and mother were very much worried about me. I was always very sensitive. My mother is very talkative. And she is very perfectionist. She wants whole house to be clean. Once you read the paper keep it in proper place, blablabla like all mothers. Otherwise she used to scold. We never used to take them seriously. For my brother, those scoldings were not enough. Vasuki running and behind him Amma running and shouting at me "Give me something from which I can beat him" is normal scene in my house.

Appa calls me Akka. He calls me ashwini, when he gets angry about me. That one word was enough for me. I used to cry. But when it comes to self respect, I am having my own principles. I may not know how to fight, but I never allow others to play with my self respect.

As a child my mother used to tell me so many stories. And I loved the story "Beauty and the Beast". Even today sometimes I read that story. Whenever someone asks me to tell a story, first thing that comes to my mind is "Beauty and the Beast".

Now what was my dream!. What was that I wanted to achieve?. I know that, this dream may look like rubbish, for many. I always wanted to become a Housewife. I wanted to live in a joint family, with loving husband, childern. I was never serious about career.

Strange na! Girl doing M. Tech in IIT, and her dream was to become housewife. That is life, where we only find contradictions.

No comments: