Saturday, June 21, 2008

Seetha

One day I was waiting for bus and I met my professor Sathya sir. He told me that there are vacancies in the engineering college and I can apply there. I told this to papa. He told me to try. That was the last date to apply. I applied on saturday, and within 10 days I got job. People struggle to get permanent job but I was blaming myself for applying in JNNCE. Let me tell you one thing frankly, I applied their just for the sake of appa. And I was pretty sure that I will not get the job. But my badluck (Which I felt that time. Today I think that was best thing which happened to me in life) I got it.

I never like too many changes in life. I was so well adjusted to Sahyadri college. It was just that I doesn't wanted to leave that college, nothing else. I joined JNNCE in august 12th, 2004. And after one week Seetha joined JNNCE. I was told that two madam's have been appointed to Information Science department other than me. When I heard the name of Seetha(Seethalaxmi) I thought, she might be very senior lecturer.

That time some renovation work was going on in our department. I used to sit in lab. It was vacation time. But I was supposed to go to college, as I was in probationary time. I was really bored to sit in lab whole day alone. When Seetha reported, Sathya sir introduced me to Seetha. She was same as my age. She used to sit with me in lab.

Relationships are really strange. I strongly beleive that, people who come to our life come for a reason. We don't have any control on anything in this world. We may fight, we may argue but things will happen only at the time they have been sheduled. Even relatives, friends will arrive in your life when it is sheduled by allmighty.

Anyways we were not having any big work. Most of the time we spent in chatting. We came to know that we have been studied in same college 1st and 2nd PUC(11 and 12th), but in different sections . But we didn't remember each others face. Slowly we realized that we two are very similar in many thing. She used to come from Badravathi. So I used to take her to my house for lunch.

Within few days we became best friends. She became part of family. Saturdays we used to go to film, or shopping. And I met Prajna in JNNCE. She was my junior, when I was studying there. But after completion of BE she immediatly joined JNNCE as lecturer. She became our friend. And we enjoyed life like anything. We used to earn 13000, and every week we used to do shopping, but we never felt scarcity of money . How? It's not magic. Shimoga is very small city. And there was no problem for rent, mess etc. And for saree our maximum rate was 300, sandal maximum 150. That was our budget. And we used to go to holesale dealers so that we can get stuff for lesser. During birthday we used to purchase nice saree. For that occation our saree budget was 1000 rs. And my b'day is on 26th november and Seetha's is very next day, that is 27th november. So b'day shopping also we were doing together.

Seetha sometimes used to keep the things she has purchased in my house and take it afterwards. Because if she shows everything once, then surely aunty will scold her. So she will show it in installments. Today one saree, tomorrow another and it goes on and on and on...............................

Everywhere we used to go together. By mistake if only one goes, then people used to ask " How come you are alone. Where is your friend?". Life was like heaven.

No comments: