Thursday, September 18, 2008

Language

Recently I read news about Jaya Bachan and Raj Takrey. I was just thinking why MNS is making big fuss of small things. It is not just MNS. In Karnataka we have Karnataka Rakshana Vedike. They are also doing same thing.

When I was child(Before IT revolution in Bangalore), I used to like Bangalore. There was not much difference between Shimoga and Bangalore other than size. Haan, only in few places as MG road I used to feel little bit lost. But to be very frank with you, today I am observing a very wide difference between Shimoga and Bangalore. As soon as I get down at Majestic, I see people who are very different from me. People hardly smile at you, hardly they speak Kannada. I don't expect people of other states to learn Kannada. But I expect Kannadiga's to speak Kannada. Children behave as if talking in Kannada is a big sin. I really don't feel that I am in India. It's completely westernized.

Yes, it's not only language. Somewhere I feel as if our cultural identity itself is changing. That is the reason I think, Karnataka Rakshana Vedike and MNS people are shouting so much.

When I compare Bombay and Bangalore I like Bombay. This city includes people from all parts of India. But still it has not lost its cultural identity. I feel like I am in my country. Here you can find variety of people. Very rich, very poor, people living in chawl, middle class. People here are very hardworking. Life is very difficult compared to Bangalore. Weather is horrible during summer. Still when you go in local train, you find people with smiles on their face. If you want any help, you can ask anyone. They will help you for sure.

I just love this city, where you can find true India. In spite of having people with different languages this city has maintained its identity.

No comments: