Friday, October 17, 2008

Swapnada Hole

Yesterday I have been to Kamala Neharu Udhyan in Malbaar hills.

I read a novel called "Swapnada Hole" by Shivaram Karanth long back. It's obviously not a romantic novel. But, I liked the main character of that novel "Kittanna" so much that, I used to think that my husband must be like Kittanna.

In this novel, Kittanna lives in Grant road and this Malbaar hill, Girgaon Chaupati have been mentioned. Yesterday when I visited this area, I felt so happy. So silly! I used to love that novel character so much, that even today, just by visiting those places I feel so happy.

Sometimes I feel as if, Mumbai is concrete forest. Even Bangalore is. But I love Mumbai. There is a simplicity here, which you cannot get in Bangalore.

Someone asked me why I want to go back to Shimoga, to JNNCE? I have spent my happiest years and worst years in that place. Now it has become part of my life. Second is I left Shimoga, to run away from people. But now I want to go and live there, at least to prove to myself that I am not coward.

No comments: